T20 8629, future 1-242 TA 629 at the depot of Strasbourg in the Thirties.


T2O au dépôt de Strasbourg

In 1930 thirty machines-tender of the type 242T are controlled on authority of the ministry. It is about an additional section of a series of 120 machines designed and produced by the PLM as from 1926 in particular for the bus service of the suburbs of Paris and Lyon. The new arrival is accomodated with a certain freshness, particularly by the SACM, which would have been completely able to design a new hardware adapted to specificities of the network. This one receives moreover only one the third of the command, the twenty first remaining drives out kept of Batignolles-Chatillon, project superintendent of AT PLM. The SACM preserves freedom however to re-examine the machine with a very Prussian cabin having each side, a window glazed for the lighting of the instruments and another larger, sliding in a broad notch with the top of the wicket ; they are equipped with control on the right, and have also an apron in aliasings to the top of apron AV and a food unit ACFI; the replacement of the whole of the tube bank, a setting with profit of the layout of the plan of shovelling raised to install an additional water compartment under the case with coal, in communication with the two others located laterally, also mark their differences. After their output of factory, they receive all from the screens similar to S14.; they are equipped with control on the right, and have also an apron in aliasings to the top of apron AV and a food unit ACFI; the replacement of the whole of the tube bank, a setting with profit of the layout of the plan of shovelling raised to install an additional water compartment under the case with coal, in communication with the two others located laterally, also mark their differences.