The BV of Remilly built according to the style specific to the years 1870/1880.
Remilly

The Holland-Belgium transit towards Switzerland requires a more direct layout through the territory of Reichsland. The Metz-Strasbourg distance via Sarreguemines and Haguenau is of 199,7 km; it is of 207 km via Nancy. The opening of the Rémilly-Réding section reduces it to only 155,2 km. If, at the time of Napoleon III, the existing lines sufficed for their destination, it is not the same any more after the modification of the borders and the strategic data. For the soldiers, it is urgent to directly connect the fortresses of Strasbourg and Metz. Reich draws aside from the start a doubling of the single track via Sarreguemines; the loan of this route, built to the standards of the secondary railroads with considerable slopes, would require a total rebuilding for a result poor. The continuation of the use of the French lines via Nancy being judged out of question, an artery must be created between the axes Metz-Forbach and Avricourt-Strasbourg. The area of the Lorraine plates, between the basins of the Saar and Nied, offers soft undulations favourable with the establishment of a new infrastructure. By ordinance of January 9, 1874, the line is declared of public utility and a credit of 15,9 million Marks is granted. The 54 km between Berthelming and Rémilly are delivered to the exploitation on December 10, 1877.