Installations of the station of Hargarten at the dawn of XXth century.
Hargarten

The opening of the tunnel passing under the pass of the Saint Gothard, June 1, 1882, place magnifiquement network EL on the most direct line connecting London, Ostend and Brussels to Italy. The rise of the iron and steel and carboniferous complex is also a powerful engine for the development of new connections requiring the enlarging of the rail junctions and the stations; the doublings of ways are numerous, just as the creation of direct connections avoiding any graining. Thus the setting with double track of Thionville with Téterchen is carried out between 1892 and 1895, then of Hargarten with Carling between 1895 and 1897. The Téterchen-Hargarten section is even quadrupled in 1907.